Strategie

Forum historyczno-wargamingowe
Teraz jest sobota, 21 lipca 2018, 13:18

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1 [ DST ]

Utwórz nowy wątek Odpowiedz w wątku  [ Posty: 31 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3  Następna strona
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: British Isles
PostNapisane: czwartek, 12 kwietnia 2007, 11:22 
Chasseur

The topic was divided. This is the part of our discussion taken from here:

http://www.strategie.net.pl/viewtopic.p ... 278eb9c89a

Thanks Kadrinazi and Zeka, a great report :)

Kadrinaki: Are you really in Glasgow? I have used Allegro before, to buy Polish books :)

Zeka: Your English is fine :) Will you be going to Nielpolomice? If you are perhaps you will play this game there and I could see it?

Nick

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: czwartek, 12 kwietnia 2007, 11:25 
Tat-Aluf

Aye, I'm living in Glasgow since August, probably I'll stay here for next few years :lol:

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: czwartek, 12 kwietnia 2007, 12:30 
Colonel Général

Also Grenadyer is in Dublin - to the end of academic year I suppose..or maybe longer, who knows :)

And profes79 as he wrote is in Birmingham.
And DT not seen for a long time should be in London, anyway a year ago when he was here he wrote that was in London.

In such way we will have whole British Islands occupied quite quickly... :wink:

Panie, weźcie kości w rękę i wyobraźcie sobie, że gracie z królem Kastylii, i rzucając je na stół zdajecie wszystko na los bitwy. Jeśli dopisze wam szczęście, zrobicie najlepszy rzut, jaki kiedykolwiek uczynił król na ziemi; a jeśli rzut wam się nie powiedzie, inaczej nie odejdziecie z gry, jak z honorem.

Gil de Osem do króla Portugalii Jana I Dobrego przed bitwą pod Aljubarrotą (14.VIII.1385)

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: czwartek, 12 kwietnia 2007, 12:33 
Grossadmiral

Cytuj:
In such way we will have whole British Islands occupied quite quickly...

But what about Wales? :wink:

Porucznik pilot Michael Appleby, dzienny żołd 14 szylingów i 6 pensów

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: czwartek, 12 kwietnia 2007, 12:35 
Tat-Aluf

We need Edward Longshanks to take care of this country - any volunteers? :lol:

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: czwartek, 12 kwietnia 2007, 12:38 
Colonel Général

Andy napisał(a):
Cytuj:
In such way we will have whole British Islands occupied quite quickly...

But what about Wales? :wink:

That was only to encourage to discuss some of you :wink:

And seriously speaking - Wales as a part of Britain is a part of British Isles but Ireland of course not (in my understanding, I wonder what would hwiccee said).

Panie, weźcie kości w rękę i wyobraźcie sobie, że gracie z królem Kastylii, i rzucając je na stół zdajecie wszystko na los bitwy. Jeśli dopisze wam szczęście, zrobicie najlepszy rzut, jaki kiedykolwiek uczynił król na ziemi; a jeśli rzut wam się nie powiedzie, inaczej nie odejdziecie z gry, jak z honorem.

Gil de Osem do króla Portugalii Jana I Dobrego przed bitwą pod Aljubarrotą (14.VIII.1385)

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: czwartek, 12 kwietnia 2007, 13:11 
Sous-lieutenant

The British Isles is a group of islands off the northwest coast of continental Europe comprising Great Britain, Ireland and a number of smaller islands(...)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles

If we consider geography the term comprises Ireland. However I doubt whether the citizens of the Irish Republic would willingly consider their island as one of the "British" Isles :wink: :lol:

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: czwartek, 12 kwietnia 2007, 13:30 
Tat-Aluf

I love off-topic discussions :)

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: czwartek, 12 kwietnia 2007, 14:04 
Sous-lieutenant

So do I :wink:

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: czwartek, 12 kwietnia 2007, 22:36 
Chasseur

I also enjoy the off topic discussions :)

Chevau-leger is right the British Isles are all the islands including the 2 largest, the islands of Ireland and Britain. These are of course different to the political terms Ireland, i.e. the majority of the island of Ireland, and Great Britain/the United Kingdom (the rest of the islands).

Do you know why it is 'Great' Britain? Do you know where 'Little' or 'Lesser' Britain is?

Wales/Cymry (Wales in the Welsh language): Don't worry we have this, the most important, most beautiful and most cultured area of the British Isles, as well!!! I am Welsh :) My name, Hwiccee, is the old Welsh name for the area of present day England that is west of Birmingham. This is the area I lived in before I moved to the Czech Republic.

Kadrinazi - arggghhhhhh do not mention Edward Longshanks :(

:)

Profes79 - which part of Birmingham do you live in now? Do you play games there? Maybe you know the town of Kidderminster that is about 20km away from Birmingham? This is where I lived most of my life.

Kidderminster - Kidderminster is already Polish occupied territory, and has been for a long time! You see many Polish soldiers were in this area during the Second World War and after the war they settled in my area. So this town has a Polish Club (a kind of social centre), a Polish Consulate and one of the leading politicians is called Oborski. One of my best friends in Britain is called Pietkowski :)

We like Poles in our area and since Poland joined the EU there are a lot more 'new' Polish people living there now :)

Nick

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: piątek, 13 kwietnia 2007, 07:49 
Colonel Général

Once again the world becomes smaller than it seemed before :) . I hope that in English it is also such idiom..

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: piątek, 13 kwietnia 2007, 09:13 
hwiccee napisał(a):
Zeka: Your English is fine :) Will you be going to Nielpolomice? If you are perhaps you will play this game there and I could see it?

Probably yes, so I will take "Kircholm". If you want, we can try to play it :)

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: piątek, 13 kwietnia 2007, 15:58 
General

Hwicee - I know Kiddeminster, though I never been there - I`m living in Erdington, but I had some colleagues at work living in this place or area.

Well - maybe it will be some occasion to play a game sometime? ;)

cheers

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: sobota, 14 kwietnia 2007, 10:48 
Chasseur

Raleen: Yes in English we say "It's a small world" :)

Zeka: It would be great if you could bring it to Krakow :) Unfortunately I will be running figure games all weekend so I think it will not be possible to play it :(

How long does it take to play?

profes79: Yes I know Erdington :) Do you play games in Birmingham? There are a lot of figure clubs there but I don't know any boardgaming clubs :(

What games do you play?

Kidderminster has a lot of Polish people but I don't think that there are any Polish gamers there :( Yes maybe we could play sometime but I am only in the area for short holidays now :( It is a lot easier for me to play against the other Polish gamers here as I go to Poland quite regularly :)

Nick

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: sobota, 14 kwietnia 2007, 15:31 
General

hwicee:
just try to catch me on msn profes79@hotmail.com. I suppose will be more easy than posting on forum ;)

Anyway - I have no board games as there was no sense in buying anything without opponent to play :). I started collecting WFB Empire army but suspended that for the same reason (though I`m going to start again).

We could always try in May during bank holiday

Utwórz nowy wątek Odpowiedz w wątku  [ Posty: 31 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3  Następna strona

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1 [ DST ]