Black and Tan War (Clash of Arms Games)

Planszowe gry historyczne (wojenne, strategiczne, ekonomiczne, symulacje konfliktów) dotyczące I wojny światowej i okresu międzywojennego.
Awatar użytkownika
Arteusz
Praetor

Black and Tan War (Clash of Arms Games)

Post autor: Arteusz »

Irlandzka wojna o niepodległość 1920-1921.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/36792
Są karty, więc zapowiada się ciekawie jak dla mnie. XD

Kilka szczegółów z zapowiedzi na stronie wydawcy.
"Black and Tan War is a historical game simulation on the Irish War of Independence (1920 – 1921).

Expected Pre-order and Publish date: 2009
Turns are bi-monthly.
Irish units are Active Service Units (20 – 150 men).
Crown force units are British Army battalions, Auxiliary battalions, and local constabulary forces.

Map represents Ireland divided into regions, generally following county lines.

Probable Components:
22” x 34” map,
320 5/8” counters,
20 page rulebook,
110 cards, 3 player aid cards.

One player controls forces of the British Crown while the other controls the forces of the Irish Republic. Each region may contain RIC (Royal Irish Constabulary), British Army and Auxiliary garrisons. The game centers on "operations" which are conducted through card play.

The game focuses on some key points:
• This guerilla war was primarily fought between the Irish Republican Army (IRA) and the Royal Irish Constabulary (RIC), with later, and limited involvement by the British Army.
• Irish are chronically short on arms/ammo.
Consecutive operations in a region are extremely difficult.
• This is not a "war of maneuver". Irish forces generally fought within their locale. Crown forces raided and patrolled from established garrisons.
• Lots of historical chrome. Events such as Sack of Cork, Kevin Barry, DeValera returns, Cabinet Indecision, Thompson submachine guns, a few key leaders on each side.
• The war in Dublin was fought very differently than in the countryside.
• This was very much a war fought to win public opinion. A key factor of the game is British Will (i.e. the willingness of the British politicians and populace to continue the struggle).
• The famous “Flying Columns” come into play as an "Upgrade" to the Irish units making them more effective in ambushes, but are easier to catch in a raid."
Moje gry
Szlachectwa nie nabiera się przez urodzenie, ale przez czyny.
"Moim obowiązkiem, jako patrioty, nie jest umrzeć za swój kraj, ale sprawić, żeby wróg oddał życie za własny".
Awatar użytkownika
Raleen
Colonel Général
Kontakt:

Post autor: Raleen »

Póki co brak chyba wieści co do wydania tej gry, chyba że znów czegoś niedowidzę :)

Mi wydaje się ona ciekawa ze względu na samą skalę: z jednej strony występują tam jednostki irlandzkie, jak się domyślam o charakterze przynajmniej po części nieregularnym o liczebności 20-150 ludzi, z drugiej strony jednostki brytyjskie, jak podają w wielkości batalionu. Czyli duża dysproporcja. Analogicznie było u nas podczas co poniektórych powstań, jak choćby powstanie styczniowe, podobnie, chociaż to trochę inne realia - powstanie warszawskie. Z tych względów myślę, że warto będzie się tej grze kiedyś przyjrzeć.
Panie, weźcie kości w rękę i wyobraźcie sobie, że gracie z królem Kastylii, i rzucając je na stół zdajecie wszystko na los bitwy. Jeśli dopisze wam szczęście, zrobicie najlepszy rzut, jaki kiedykolwiek uczynił król na ziemi; a jeśli rzut wam się nie powiedzie, inaczej nie odejdziecie z gry, jak z honorem.

Gil de Osem do króla Portugalii Jana I Dobrego przed bitwą pod Aljubarrotą (14.VIII.1385)
ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „I wojna światowa i dwudziestolecie międzywojenne”