Strategie

Forum historyczno-wargamingowe
Teraz jest czwartek, 20 września 2018, 16:58

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1 [ DST ]

Utwórz nowy wątek Odpowiedz w wątku  [ Posty: 81 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia strona  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Następna strona
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł: Re: Lincoln [PSC/PHALANX]
PostNapisane: wtorek, 15 maja 2018, 07:38 
Général de Division Commandant de place

Judd Vance zrezygnował z Lincolna:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/ ... ge-lincoln

"Cała kraina gier jest oczywiście krainą maniactwa, a jednak rejon gier naśladowczo-wojennych jest w tej krainie bardziej maniacki niż inne rejony. Jak na mój gust, jest to już 'konik' posunięty zbyt daleko, hermetyczny, bez przyszłości."

Tytuł: Re: Lincoln (PSC/PHALANX)
PostNapisane: wtorek, 15 maja 2018, 09:55 
Général de Brigade

Czarek - ty mąciwodo :D

http://kptbomba.wordpress.com
https://www.facebook.com/GryPlanszoweKapitanaBomby

PostNapisane: wtorek, 15 maja 2018, 10:36 
Sergent-Major

Ja śledzę wątek niczym serial kryminalny :) Czekam na kolejne zwroty akcji!

PostNapisane: wtorek, 15 maja 2018, 11:15 

Cytuj:
Czarek - ty mąciwodo :D

Za to mi płacą 8-)

"Cała kraina gier jest oczywiście krainą maniactwa, a jednak rejon gier naśladowczo-wojennych jest w tej krainie bardziej maniacki niż inne rejony. Jak na mój gust, jest to już 'konik' posunięty zbyt daleko, hermetyczny, bez przyszłości."

PostNapisane: wtorek, 15 maja 2018, 22:59 
Sergent

Jest i oficjalna odpowiedź:

Cytuj:
Update on the “Manassas Hammer”

As many of you have read, Marco’s review of Lincoln threw up what he’s coined the “Manassas Hammer”, concerning balance of play. Like everyone else, we’re very respectful of Marco’s opinions on boardgaming and pay attention to what he says in his reviews.

This means that we’re in the process of examining his concerns to establish if this affects gameplay more than we’ve established in our and Martin’s playtesting. We’re working closely with Martin and our partners to analyze this – we know that it should be tough for the Union player to win, but not unachievable.

We will post further updates when we have news, but wanted to let you all know that we’re not ignoring this. Please be assured that we’re busily working away on this in the background even if we’re not responding to all of the messages on here.

PostNapisane: środa, 16 maja 2018, 07:51 

I komentarz Judda, moim zdaniem przekonujący:
I'm more interested in Martin Wallace's response. But here is what bugs me: they are hoping to get it all fixed before it gets published.
First, there are people pledging a BUNCH of money in order to get one of the available copies right now. Sucks to be them, huh?
Second, the better philosophy is to get it all fixed before you start a Kickstarter campaign.
If they (Wallace/PSC) are serious about getting to the bottom of this, they already know what the problem is. The game is short (90-120 min). In 24 hours, you could set it up, watch Marco's video, and replicate it and play it 10 times and have the "Here is how you beat that" response. If I was a publisher with this much money riding on it, you can be sure I would be defending my product.
Similarly, when Worthington put out the Holdfast naval games for KS, I saw a fan ask them how many blocks would be in the game and the response was an estimate. That told me they were still working on the game, would kick it out, hope the fans wouldn't find an issue and if so, they would fix it. I see it all over again here. That is why I don't back a lot of Kickstarters.
Conversely, when Hands in the Sea had its Kickstarter, I knew every card in the deck and could tell you its values, text, and I could probably re-create the entire map for memory -- and I wasn't even the designer! We worked that game over from numerous angles. When we all agreed it was ready to go, it still waited for nearly a year before the Kickstarter began. That is how you run a KS campaign.
And also, when Worthington does the Band of Brothers campaigns, I am all over them because I know Jim Krohn has an entire team that works on the games with him and they play it to death before he cuts it loose.
The other problem I saw from this "get the money now and hope for the best later" philosophy was what I saw in Lincoln's War. There are some very passionate fans who worked on fixing that game. I think they even succeeded. But the publisher couldn't even be bothered to put out a PDF of the re-written rules. That told me they washed their hands of it and moved on. I fear we're looking at it again.
At this point, like I said, they know if Marco's strategy is legit. They can either refute it with something more than words or they know it's real. If it's real (and I suspect it is: I have played it and I see exactly where he's coming from), they can either take the money and hope it's fixed or they can shut down the KS campaign, go back and fix it. Playtest it thoroughly (seriously: Marco found this on his SECOND game?) send out copies to dudes like Marco and see if they can break it and if not, to re-review it, and then run the KS campaign again. If they do that, even with the fix, I suspect they will not make as much money as now because there will be folks who are wary. So my guess is that they will choose the Steve Miller option (Take the money and run).
Lesson to be learned: be sure you got your ducks in a row before you start the KS campaign.
If you want to risk $35 + shipping and hope for the best, feel free. I hope these people come back and laugh at me. I will gladly go to the FLGS and pay $60-80 for this. It is that good. But they aren't playing the house on my money.

PostNapisane: środa, 16 maja 2018, 07:56 

I jeszcze to:
I think looking for a quick fix to this will cause something else to break -- maybe next time, it's too easy for the Union to win. That is why you playtest the heck out of these games and if he's able to break it on his 2nd play, that told me they didn't playtest this very well.

PostNapisane: środa, 16 maja 2018, 08:04 

I jeszcze komentarz autora gry. Wytłuściłem najlepszy smaczek:
A big thanks for Marco for raising a potential issue with the game. Two-player games by their very nature are hard to balance. From the very beginning of this design I was aware that there could be a killer strategy that could break the game. Actually, I felt that if there was a sure-fire win anywhere then it would lie with the Union, as they have the greater resources. That is why the milestone victory point objectives were added, to stop the North from simply building up their forces and steam-rolling the South.
I would argue that the game is not broken, but I will investigate whether the point of balance is slightly off. The North has to be under a certain degree of time pressure but still given enough time to survive a few setbacks. I’m working with PSC Games to ensure that we get the balance right before the game is published.
Martin

PostNapisane: środa, 16 maja 2018, 08:07 
Major

Hmm. ten cały Manassas Hammer nie wydaje się specjalnym odkryciem Ameryki, a jednak odpowiedzi wydawcy oraz samego M. Wallace'a nie są tego typu, że było to testowane i nie jest strategią wygrywającą. Wychodzą więc dość oczywiste braki w testach... Sprawdzenie niezawodności tej strategii i ewentualne znalezienie rozwiązania wydaje się jak najbardziej możliwe, ale robienie tego na szybko nie przekonuje. Kampania wyhamowała i odblokowanie kolejnych celów stoi pod znakiem zapytania.
To był u mnie pewniak, jeśli chodzi o wsparcie, ale teraz się waham. Może po zapowiadanej sobotniej sesji Judda Vance'a z Chiefem coś się wyklaruje.

PostNapisane: środa, 16 maja 2018, 08:29 
Sergent

To teraz czekać aż ktoś weźmie mechanikę i zrobi poprawioną grę jak Hands in the Sea 8-)

@Ozy - a wy w Lincolna graliście?

PostNapisane: środa, 16 maja 2018, 08:40 

Cytuj:
To teraz czekać aż ktoś weźmie mechanikę i zrobi poprawioną grę jak Hands in the Sea 8-)

W punkt 8-) :idea:

PostNapisane: środa, 16 maja 2018, 08:41 
Général de Brigade

Niech się chłopaki spieszą bo tylko 9 dni zostało na wycofanie plegde’a.
Są lepsze sposoby na ulokowanie 25 funtów niż popsuta gra.
Zresztą widzę, że Polacy nuz zaczęli wycofywać

http://kptbomba.wordpress.com
https://www.facebook.com/GryPlanszoweKapitanaBomby

PostNapisane: środa, 16 maja 2018, 08:44 

Według mnie lepiej spokojnie zaczekać. Jest tyle gier do wyboru, że nie ma sensu pakować się w kolejny półprodukt. Jak coś naprawią, to będzie druga edycja i tyle.

Tytuł: Re: Lincoln [PSC/PHALANX]
PostNapisane: środa, 16 maja 2018, 10:02 
Adjudant

adalbert napisał(a):
/.../ (Lincoln chyba nie ma Vassala, a niby z kim miał go Wallace testować w tej Nowej Zelandii /.../

Off Topic: Fakt że moduł Vassala nie został opublikowany i szeroko udostępniony wcale nie musi oznaczać że go nie ma/nie było..

In progress: Wings of Glory, The Barbarossa Campaign
In plan: Red Storm Rising; Guderian's Best

PostNapisane: środa, 16 maja 2018, 11:01 
Major

Hmm. Judd Vance pisał, że chciał taki moduł stworzyć, ale nie było reakcji ze strony PSC.
Jeszcze taka rzecz: wg mnie nie jest do końca tak, że kampanię na wpieraczce można wystartować, jeżeli gra jest praktycznie gotowa i przeszła wszelkie możliwe testy, jak to opisuje Judd odnośnie do Hands in the Sea. Jak to się często mówi: KS to nie sklep, a kampania to nie przedsprzedaż. Niejednokrotnie jest to nawet zupełnie jasne, że gra i elementy odblokowane podczas kampanii będą jeszcze testowane, stąd dość długi termin realizacji nagrody. Działa to na zasadzie pewnego zaufania.
Jednak firmy typu Worthington/Columbia praktycznie używają KSa jako formy przedsprzedaży - zebrania easy money od swoich fanbojów.
W przypadku Lincolna od PSC, którego kampania tak fajnie się rozwijała, a teraz tak mocno hamuje, gra jest/była gotowa i nawet nagrodą za wczesne wsparcie jest egzemplarz przedprodukcyjny wysyłany zaraz po zakończeniu kampanii (przecież nie ma to być zestaw do testów!). Stąd ten niesmak, że najwidoczniej nie dołożono należytej staranności w przetestowaniu gry.

Utwórz nowy wątek Odpowiedz w wątku  [ Posty: 81 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia strona  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Następna strona

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1 [ DST ]